This kid-friendly recipe is quick to make and can be a side dish or eaten as the main entree by adding leftover chicken, lean pork or lean beef. Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable rich in Vitamin C and other antioxidants. It’s also a good source of Vitamin K and fiber and has been linked to cancer prevention and has anti-inflammatory benefits– lots of great reasons to eat cauliflower!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
Ingredients: PRINT RECIPE
• 1 Tablespoon oil, divided (I prefer peanut oil, but any oil will work)
• 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and diced
• 1 package (16oz.) cauliflower rice
• 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
• 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
• 2 Tablespoons lite Soy sauce
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium heat. Add the eggs and gently scramble.
2. Remove eggs, set aside; add 2 teaspoons oil and sauté garlic about 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower rice and
stir-fry for 2 minutes.
3. Gently combine the scrambled eggs, corn, peas and soy sauce with the cauliflower and stir-fry (stirring
frequently), for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and thoroughly combined. Serve immediately.
Yield: 6 ¾-cup servings or 3 entrée servings.